"As a 12 year old, I was blown away by the exotic designs of Wandré, Hopf, and Teisco. They embodied the electrical essence of rock n' roll. Magically, my Eastwood Guitars remind me of just how I felt outside a music shop back in the early '60's, and confirm just why I fell in love with electric guitars in the first place." _Bill Nelson
Lloyd Cole and the Commotions released their debut 'Rattlesnakes' in 1984 to near universal acclaim and success. The band released two more albums before splitting in 1988. LC then moved NYC and released four solo albums, which were critically well received and sold reasonably around the world.
In '99 LC moved to New England and these days performs solo shows around the world and releases records every five years or so.
Lloyd Cole uses these Eastwood Guitars :
Lloyd Cole's Q&A
1) What record/band first inspired you to learn to play electric guitar?
The Velvet Underground 1969 Live
2) What was your first electric guitar?
First one I know the name of was a Fender Bullet
3) What bands are you listening to now?
I like Bach and Gillian Welch
4) What is your favorite city to visit while touring? Why?
Tokyo - It's like another planet, and the best food is there.
5) In the process of making your records, which was the most memorable?
My first solo record made in NYC in 1989 was a lot of fun - recorded at Right Track on 48th Street we ate MacDonalds and drank beer every day and listened to Peter Cook and Dudley Moore rather more that we should have done. We also gelled as a recording band in a way that only the worst optimist could have imagined. Fred Maher drumming, Matther Sweet on Bass, Blair Cowan on keyboards Robert Quine on electric guitar, and me on guitar and computer.
6) If you could play in any other band - at any time in history - which would it be?
I'm not a good enough guitarist to be in any of my favourite bands - maybe hanging around Sun studios in 1955 I might have talked my way into one, though...
7) What projects are you currently working on?
Live record, rarities record and webite upgrade.
8) What AMPS and pedals do you use?
I have a Matchless and a THD Bassman remake - between them I have pretty much all the sounds I need. I also use a Tech 21 sans amp thing to record direct quite often. My favourite pedals are - Ibanez analogue echo, Way Huge Piercing Moose, MXR Ten Band EQ, MXR Blue Box
9) What is your favorite a) Food? b) Drink? c) Book?
c) 6 Moral Tales - Erik Rohmer