One of the early "student" guitars found in North American Catalogs in the 1960s. This model was available under the brands of Airline, Supro, Kay and many others. This new Eastwood release is based on the original 1960′s AIRLINE Bighorn, it features an updated adjustable bridge, truss rod and the modern popular Diamond Argyle single coil pickups.
Posted by Mr. F. on 27th Sep 2014
It's a little bit early for me to give a solid review of the guitar, as I've only owned it for a week, but here are the pros:
(1) Small size--the guitar has 19 frets, For lead players, this might be a bit of a drawback, but I play mostly rhythm, and the shorter neck is perfect for my short arms and small hands.
(2) Playability--the guitar came with fabulous action. It's a lot of fun to play.
(3) Tone--The aesthetic matches the tone perfectly. I play garage rock and surf, and the pickups do a great job of getting some classic tones.
(4) Controls--Having independent volume and tone knobs for each pickup is great, and it's not a common feature on single-coil guitars. Being able to blend the neck and bridge pickup as much as I want gives me more tonal flexibility. I like it a lot!
(5) Killer looks--self explanatory
The only real con I can think of is that the pickups, even though they sound fabulous, are VERY microphonic. If the pick taps the pickup ever so slightly, You will hear the tap through your amp. Nevertheless, it's easy to adjust where you pick so as not to hit the pickups. Not a huge issue.
Posted by Tom on 11th Jun 2014
WOW! what an excellent piece of creative genius from Eastowood/Airline. I am so happy I own one of these! It plays great, nice action and feel to the neck. I personally love the desogn and the beautiful green color. It sounds as good as it looks. Although I normally favor high powered Dimarzio double coil pickups, the single coil neck and bridge pickups sound great, bright and powerful and at the same time very sensitive to harmonics. It feels great to hold and play. the tuners are very nice, the guitar stays in tune. As happy as I am with the guitar, the experiences I have had as a customer are equaly positive. good people and a wonderful product!